CAA Record and vanity DNS Servers CAA Record and vanity DNS...

Topic: CAA Record and vanity DNS Servers

Post CAA Record and vanity DNS Servers
by Barbara Shore on Saturday, June 3, 2017

Good day,

I was curious if you were planning to support CAA records part of the supported DNS record you currently have on your site? They seem to become more common and used for SSL and security.

Also I found thread on vanity DNS servers but it's still not clear what I need to do exactly to support this? would it be possible to simplify this in the UI and make sure it is also future proof.

Thanks,
Nicolas

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: CAA Record and vanity DNS Servers
by laurensblanckenborg on Wednesday, November 1, 2017

I'm curious too, especially now that CAA checking has become mandatory for CA's since September 2017.

Thanks,
Laurens

by jaano on Monday, January 8, 2018

Hi, I have the same question.
Read on..

https://blog.qualys.com/ssllabs/2017/03/13/caa-mandated-by-cabrowser-forum

btw! Thanks for the (otherwise) great dyndns service!

by BenMcMahon on Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I just got the following response from Dynu support (2008-03-21):

wrote:We are in the process of rolling over to new DNS servers which should be completed by end of next month. CAA record support will be added after the rollover.

Post Re: Re: CAA Record and vanity DNS Servers
by BenMcMahon on Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Just got the following response from Dynu support (2018-05-15), seems they are a bit behind schedule:

wrote:We are close to finishing up the name server upgrades (9 out of 10 completed). The CAA record will be updated after that but we do not have an ETA on it yet.
BenMcMahon wrote:I just got the following response from Dynu support (2008-03-21):

wrote:We are in the process of rolling over to new DNS servers which should be completed by end of next month. CAA record support will be added after the rollover.

by tagyro on Friday, May 25, 2018

any update on the CAA records?

by bcs78hun on Thursday, June 7, 2018

I just got a response over here: https://www.dynu.com/en-US/Forum/ViewTopic/CAA-record/4956

They say it'll be available at the end of July.

by BenMcMahon on Tuesday, June 26, 2018

I see that CAA is now available in the Type list. I haven't tried it yet, but looks to be live! There is a note that it's only available to members, so probably won't work with a free account.

Monday, March 18, 2024 9:48 PM