port 80 blocked by ISP port 80 blocked by ISP

Topic: port 80 blocked by ISP

Post port 80 blocked by ISP
by nnelson on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hello, my ISP blocks port 80 and I have to redirect it to 8080. i would prefer not to have my users have to enter http://www.mydomain.com:8080. How I can do this?

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: port 80 blocked by ISP
by sev7th on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

It's very easy. Log into the control panel and setup web redirect for your domain name. Use port forwarding to port 8080.

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Re: port 80 blocked by ISP
by nnelson on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

sev7th wrote:It's very easy. Log into the control panel and setup web redirect for your domain name. Use port forwarding to port 8080.
That does work. But I see my IP address and port in the browser address bar. 123.45.67.89:8080. I don't want everyone to know my IP address.

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Re: Re: port 80 blocked by ISP
by sev7th on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

nnelson wrote:
sev7th wrote:It's very easy. Log into the control panel and setup web redirect for your domain name. Use port forwarding to port 8080.
That does work. But I see my IP address and port in the browser address bar. 123.45.67.89:8080. I don't want everyone to know my IP address.
Use the 'cloak URL' feature.

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Re: Re: Re: port 80 blocked by ISP
by nnelson on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

sev7th wrote:
nnelson wrote:
sev7th wrote:It's very easy. Log into the control panel and setup web redirect for your domain name. Use port forwarding to port 8080.
That does work. But I see my IP address and port in the browser address bar. 123.45.67.89:8080. I don't want everyone to know my IP address.
Use the 'cloak URL' feature.
That worked! Thanks.

Reply with quote | Report
Post Cloak is not working please help
by javedshoukat on Monday, April 3, 2017

I have setup my DDNS and port forwarding in web redirect and it works fine. but when i add cloak it does not work please help

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Cloak is not working please help
by timothytw on Monday, April 3, 2017

javedshoukat wrote:I have setup my DDNS and port forwarding in web redirect and it works fine. but when i add cloak it does not work please help
Cloaking uses frame and some web browsers do not allow frame for security reasons.

Reply with quote | Report
Saturday, August 17, 2019 6:03 AM