Dynu IP Update Client Dynu IP Update Client

Topic: Dynu IP Update Client

Post Dynu IP Update Client
by Carlo Queirolo on Monday, December 12, 2016

Good morning

I'm trying to use "Dynu IP Update Client" for the first time.
Every time I try to enter username and password, I got the message:
">[badauth] Username carloxp or password is invalid! Please check the settings and try again."

I tried almost everything, but I always receive this message.
Could you please help me?
Thank you
Carlo Queirolo

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Dynu IP Update Client
by xiaoye on Friday, December 16, 2016

Carlo Queirolo wrote:Good morning

I'm trying to use "Dynu IP Update Client" for the first time.
Every time I try to enter username and password, I got the message:
">[badauth] Username carloxp or password is invalid! Please check the settings and try again."

I tried almost everything, but I always receive this message.
Could you please help me?
Thank you
Carlo Queirolo
Please leave the location field empty if you did not set up a location name for the hostname in the control panel. If you assigned a location name to your hostname in the control panel. please use that location name in the client as well.

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Dynu IP Update Client
by redsea20127 on Friday, January 20, 2017

Run the Dynu IP update Client as Admin on Windows to setup the username and password correctly.

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Re: Dynu IP Update Client
by richieboymx on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

redsea20127 wrote:Run the Dynu IP update Client as Admin on Windows to setup the username and password correctly.
Same problem here. I was able to use the client on Mac, however on my Windows machine (Server) I get an "invalid username or password!" error and both values are fine other wise the Mac client would not work.

I have installed it as administrator, run the app as administrator and nothing... same result.

I have Windows 2012 Server R2

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Re: Re: Dynu IP Update Client
by timothytw on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

richieboymx wrote:
redsea20127 wrote:Run the Dynu IP update Client as Admin on Windows to setup the username and password correctly.
Same problem here. I was able to use the client on Mac, however on my Windows machine (Server) I get an "invalid username or password!" error and both values are fine other wise the Mac client would not work.

I have installed it as administrator, run the app as administrator and nothing... same result.

I have Windows 2012 Server R2
Can you post the activity log which includes the error message?

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Dynu IP Update Client
by richieboymx on Monday, July 3, 2017

I reinstalled the app to print the error screens, and it worked... have no idea what happened.

Thanks!

Reply with quote | Report
Friday, December 6, 2019 8:18 AM