Using subdomain of an existing domain name for Dynamic DNS service Using subdomain of an exi...

Topic: Using subdomain of an existing domain name for Dynamic DNS service

Post Using subdomain of an existing domain name for Dynamic DNS service
by Jovan Vukov on 2017年8月2日

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have signed up to use your Dynamic DNS service and I wanted to use my own subdomain. I have a registered domain with Loopia provider in Serbia and I wanted to setup your name servers to point the i.e. pc.bluzcnogmacka.com to the IP address of my computer. However, I already have a web site hosted on Adria Host provider, and the settings in my Loopia account are pointing to name servers on Adria Host. If I change those name servers, my web site could not be reached after the change.

What is the possibility for me in this case? I would like to use already owned domain for my Dynamic DNS service with you, but I would also like if my site could stay reachable.

Thank you for the time you'll take to answer me.

Best regards,
Jovan Vukov

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re:Using subdomain of an existing domain name for Dynamic DNS service
by timothytw on 2017年8月2日

You can sign up for a free hostname sth.dynu.net to use for dynamic DNS. Then you can set up a CNAME record for pc.bluzcnogmacka.com to point to sth.dynu.net at your current DNS service provider.

Another way is to migrate DNS services for your domain name bluzcnogmacka.com to Dynu. When you sign up with Dynu, all DNS records for your domain name will be imported automatically. You can then change the name servers to Dynu name servers. This way your website will be reachable and you can use dynamic DNS service as well.

Post Re: Using subdomain of an existing domain name for Dynamic DNS service
by jovansm on 2017年8月2日

Dear Timothy,

Thank you very much for your help! I have indeed did that and now I'm waiting for the DNS records to be updated. Once this is updated, it will surely work as intended.

Best regards,
Jovan

2024年3月28日 7:17