IP Update - Bad Auth IP Update - Bad Auth

Argomento: IP Update - Bad Auth

Post IP Update - Bad Auth
di scotntam su giovedì 10 maggio 2018

I have been trying to run the IP updater for HOURS. I have changed my password several times, each time logging out of the control panel and then logging back in, to make sure it is correct as I am changing both passwords together. I know my username is correct as well. I'm about to lose my mind... Help please?

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: IP Update - Bad Auth
di jdidi su martedì 15 maggio 2018

Check the location name. If you assigned your domain name a location name in the control panel, you need to use that location name in the IP update client as well.

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: IP Update - Bad Auth
di engsysmon su martedì 4 gennaio 2022

jdidi wrote:Check the location name. If you assigned your domain name a location name in the control panel, you need to use that location name in the IP update client as well.
The documents sat that the location is optional. I cannot even find where the location field is on the web, so lets assume it is empty for the moment. For the sake of clarity, the documentation should supply several literal encoding examples of simple phrases, from the bash shell, to make clear which permutation of output the ip update interface expects. As is, the documentation is not specific enough for the types of encoding methods i've tried and the number of failures I've faced with each.

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: Re: IP Update - Bad Auth
di engsysmon su martedì 4 gennaio 2022

While trying to update A record for a single dynamic host:

md5_pass = Digest::MD5::md5(passwd) // BADAUTH
md5_pass = Digest::MD5::md5_hex(passwd) // BADAUTH
md5_pass=$(echo -n pass |md5sum // BADAUTH
md5_pass=$(echo -n pass |openssl dgst -md5) //BADAUTH
# each of the above that uses echo , tried again with shell printf
# each of the above outputs compared with other methods of generating the same output
// BADAUTH in all cases
# each of the above methods substituted sha256 for md5, // BADAUTH
# tried with and without user name (since documents suggest username is optional: // BADAUTH
# tried base64 since documents mention base64 // BADAUTH
# tried re-encoding prevous outputs as base64 // BADAUTH
# tried hexdump() and od -c looking for extraneous linefeeds, all inputs are single quoted
// BADAUTH
# requested diagnostic feedback from a short lifetime one time password feature so that the encoded
request could be compared with what the interface is comparing it to for the password, waiting to hear back

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
lunedì 15 aprile 2024 21:02
Loading...