DDNS Not Updating DDNS Not Updating

Argomento: DDNS Not Updating

Post DDNS Not Updating
di rayixdvph su domenica 16 maggio 2021

I am trying to get my DDNS to work. I am running a PFSense firewall and am using the Dynu Custom IP Update URL.

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=My-HostName&password=MyIPUpdatePassword

My ip never gets updated.

If I use the URL above in a browser (with the real hostname and real update password) I get badauth

What gives?

Thanks.

Ray

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: DDNS Not Updating
di istvan80 su lunedì 17 maggio 2021

Same as here.
The update URL give back nochg

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: Re: DDNS Not Updating
di xiaoye su lunedì 17 maggio 2021

istvan80 wrote:Same as here.
The update URL give back nochg
nochg means there is no change in the IP address so no update is needed. badauth is wrong password or you try to update a subdomain as a main domain.

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: DDNS Not Updating
di xiaoye su lunedì 17 maggio 2021

rayixdvph wrote:I am trying to get my DDNS to work. I am running a PFSense firewall and am using the Dynu Custom IP Update URL.

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=My-HostName&password=MyIPUpdatePassword

My ip never gets updated.

If I use the URL above in a browser (with the real hostname and real update password) I get badauth

What gives?

Thanks.

Ray
badauth is either a wrong password or try to update a subdomain as a mail domain. To update a subdomain of your main domain such as sub.yourdomain.com, you need to use api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=yourdomain.com&alias=sub&password=PASS


Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: Re: DDNS Not Updating
di rayixdvph su lunedì 17 maggio 2021

xiaoye wrote:
rayixdvph wrote:I am trying to get my DDNS to work. I am running a PFSense firewall and am using the Dynu Custom IP Update URL.

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=My-HostName&password=MyIPUpdatePassword

My ip never gets updated.

If I use the URL above in a browser (with the real hostname and real update password) I get badauth

What gives?

Thanks.

Ray
badauth is either a wrong password or try to update a subdomain as a mail domain. To update a subdomain of your main domain such as sub.yourdomain.com, you need to use api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=yourdomain.com&alias=sub&password=PASS

OK, so updating just the main domain worked; however, updating the subdomain using:

api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=yourdomain.com&alias=sub&password=PASS

does not work. That is:

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=mydomain.org&password=PASS

returned "good xx.xx.xx.xx"

However
https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname= mydomain.org&alias=lmydomain.org&password=PASS

still returns badauth.


Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: Re: Re: DDNS Not Updating
di xiaoye su martedì 18 maggio 2021

rayixdvph wrote:
xiaoye wrote:
rayixdvph wrote:I am trying to get my DDNS to work. I am running a PFSense firewall and am using the Dynu Custom IP Update URL.

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=My-HostName&password=MyIPUpdatePassword

My ip never gets updated.

If I use the URL above in a browser (with the real hostname and real update password) I get badauth

What gives?

Thanks.

Ray
badauth is either a wrong password or try to update a subdomain as a mail domain. To update a subdomain of your main domain such as sub.yourdomain.com, you need to use api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=yourdomain.com&alias=sub&password=PASS

OK, so updating just the main domain worked; however, updating the subdomain using:

api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=yourdomain.com&alias=sub&password=PASS

does not work. That is:

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=mydomain.org&password=PASS

returned "good xx.xx.xx.xx"

However
https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname= mydomain.org&alias=lmydomain.org&password=PASS

still returns badauth.

If the subdomain is aaaa.mydomain.org, then the update URL is

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=mydomain.org&alias=aaaa&password=PASS

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
Post Re: Re: Re: Re: DDNS Not Updating
di rayixdvph su mercoledì 19 maggio 2021

That works. Thank you all for the help!!

xiaoye wrote:
rayixdvph wrote:
xiaoye wrote:
rayixdvph wrote:I am trying to get my DDNS to work. I am running a PFSense firewall and am using the Dynu Custom IP Update URL.

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=My-HostName&password=MyIPUpdatePassword

My ip never gets updated.

If I use the URL above in a browser (with the real hostname and real update password) I get badauth

What gives?

Thanks.

Ray
badauth is either a wrong password or try to update a subdomain as a mail domain. To update a subdomain of your main domain such as sub.yourdomain.com, you need to use api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=yourdomain.com&alias=sub&password=PASS

OK, so updating just the main domain worked; however, updating the subdomain using:

api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=yourdomain.com&alias=sub&password=PASS

does not work. That is:

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=mydomain.org&password=PASS

returned "good xx.xx.xx.xx"

However
https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname= mydomain.org&alias=lmydomain.org&password=PASS

still returns badauth.

If the subdomain is aaaa.mydomain.org, then the update URL is

https://api.dynu.com/nic/update?hostname=mydomain.org&alias=aaaa&password=PASS

Rispondi con citazione | Segnalare
venerdì 23 luglio 2021 18:17
Loading...