IP address for all hostnames point to same IP using IP update client software IP address for all hostna...

Topic: IP address for all hostnames point to same IP using IP update client software

Post IP address for all hostnames point to same IP using IP update client software
by Rick Pearson on Thursday, June 2, 2016

I have 2 different locations that I am working with. when I set up a ip camera it works for a while then quite and shows ip address same in both locations. This webpage in not available. err: connection refused.
11.22.33.44 is for my place in Utah and 55.66.77.88 is for Las Vegas. I have download ip update client at both locations and clicked on them so I assume they are running.

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: IP address for all hostnames point to same IP using IP update client software
by timothytw on Friday, June 3, 2016

There is a 'Location' field for each hostname in the control panel. You should set up one common location name for the hostnames that are being used in Las Vegas, and one for the hostnames in Utah.

Then, in the client software that is running in Las Vegas, you can supply the location name set up for hostnames in Las Vegas in the 'Location' field, and the same for Utah.

Reply with quote | Report
Friday, March 29, 2024 3:45 AM