Email Packages Email Packages

Topic: Email Packages

Post Email Packages
by Benito Chamberlain on Sunday, October 16, 2016

Hi there,

I would like some more info regarding your mail packages.
The Full Service option says that the mail server is hosted by dynu. The other options talk about host your mail server. Does this mean I still need to setup my own mail server for incoming mail ? Could you give me a bit more detail on the various packages ?

Thanks

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: Email Packages
by xiaoye on Monday, October 17, 2016

1) If you only have a domain name and do not host your own email server

Email forward: Allows you to receive emails for *@yourdomain.com at your existing email address such as a Gmail or Hotmail address etc. But you cannot send emails from *@yourdomain.com.

Full service email: Allows you to create email accounts such as yourname@yourdomain.com and send/receive emails from that email address. You may use our webmail portal to manage your emails or set up other email clients such as outlook or apple mail on your phone etc.

2) If you have your own domain name and are hosting your own email server

Email store/forward is for you to receive emails for your domain name on a non 25 port. It is useful if you are hosting your own server and your ISP blocks inbound port 25.

Outbound SMTP relay is for you to send emails through our email server. It is useful if you are hosting your own server and your ISP is blocking outbound port 25.

Email backup receives emails for you when your email server is down and forwards the emails back to you when the email server is back online.

Reply with quote | Report
Thursday, March 28, 2024 4:33 AM