can't connect can't connect

Topic: can't connect

Post can't connect
by James Jacobs on Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Using a raspberry pi 3, ddclient, and a 3g gsm dongle (carrier:Telcel), I cannot connect from my remote computer to my domain windsong.mywire.org (200.68.136.176) either to the running node red server (200.68.136.176:1880) nor successfully ping the domain windsong.mywire.org. However, my raspberry pi successfully updates the its IP4v address to the 3g internet address on the Dynu control panel and, for example, can successfully ping Google.com on its PPP0 interface.

What am I doing wrong?

Jim

Reply with quote | Report
Post Re: can't connect
by lucafesta on Wednesday, August 16, 2017

James Jacobs wrote:Using a raspberry pi 3, ddclient, and a 3g gsm dongle (carrier:Telcel), I cannot connect from my remote computer to my domain windsong.mywire.org (200.68.136.176) either to the running node red server (200.68.136.176:1880) nor successfully ping the domain windsong.mywire.org. However, my raspberry pi successfully updates the its IP4v address to the 3g internet address on the Dynu control panel and, for example, can successfully ping Google.com on its PPP0 interface.

What am I doing wrong?

Jim
Did you do any port forwarding?

Post Re: can't connect
by jdjacobs2 on Thursday, August 17, 2017

Think I discovered the problem As I stated I am using a 3g dongle to a gsm network. Apparently, based upon my internet research, most or all carriers block all incoming traffic and thus a ddns solution will not work.

Thursday, March 28, 2024 10:19 AM